Announcement on Awards
JC Poetic Heritage Translation Awards 2021 （齊思古詩新解新譯獎）
JC Poetic Heritage Translation Awards Ceremony 2021
2:30 - 4:30pm, 25 June 2021
YEUNG-G7603, City University of Hong Kong
An English translation competition for the awards is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students of CityU and
senior secondary students at local schools.
Interested translators are welcome to submit their entries according to one of three mutually exclusive categories,
- Students of Department of Linguistics and Translation
- Students of other Departments of CityU
- Senior Secondary Students
For CityU participants:
Amount for each award:
HK$5,000 x 2 (1st prize)
HK$3,000 x 2 (2nd prize)
HK$1,000 x 4 (3rd prize)
Total: $20,000 (8 awards)
TEN more prizes of book vouchers worth HK$300 each for other shortlisted winners:
- Students of Department of Linguistics and Translation: HK$300 book voucher x 5
- Students of other Departments of CityU: HK$300 book voucher x 5
For Senior Secondary Students:
Amount for each award:
HK$5,000 x 1 (1st prize)
HK$3,000 x 1 (2nd prize)
HK$1,000 x 2 (3rd prize)
Total: $10,000 (4 awards)
TEN more prizes of book vouchers worth HK$300 each for other shortlisted winners
The poem for translation is a Chinese poem by the Korean poet Li Jeyeon (1287-1367), and it goes:
瀟湘八景 -《漁村落照》 李齊賢
Some background information of the poem and its author is at this
Your translation, once submitted, shall not be altered. You may submit only once.
(For CityU students only) Please click here to fill in and submit the form for the competition with your translation.
(For senior secondary students only) Guidelines for submission
- Obtain an endorsement from your School Head or delegate (class teacher /form teacher) to verify your student status. For your convenience, an endorsement form template is available here.
- Take a smartphone photo of the completed endorsement form and prepare for its upload (5M size max.) during online submission (link: here).
- Your translation, once submitted, shall not be altered. You may submit only once.
Deadline of submission of entries: 1 June 2021
For enquiries, please write to LTenquiry@cityu.edu.hk.
General Enquiry: LTenquiry@cityu.edu.hk
Page last updated: 23 July 2021