Upon successful completion of this Major, students should be able to:
(1) Apply knowledge of linguistics, language skills and modern language technology to their professional careers.
(2) Perform, as proficient, effective and versatile communicators with a good understanding of the nature of language, language-related applications in a competitive and multilingual workplace.
(3) Benefit from their exposure to world languages and cultures when working with people in an international and culturally diverse workplace.
(4) Think analytically, critically and creatively, and apply their training in knowledge discovery, evaluating alternatives and formulating ideas, which may be innovative, to their study, work and life.
(5) Continue to develop intellectually in a life-long learning process.