Discovery-Enriched Summer Programme on Teaching Chinese Language and Culture to Non-Native Speakers
Department of Linguistics and Translation, City University of Hong Kong &
College of Chinese Language and Culture, Beijing Normal University (北京师范大学)
The objectives of the proposed Summer Programme are to:
- enrich students with the knowledge of Chinese language and culture,
- enable students to study the differences between Chinese and foreign culture;
- develop their interest and ability in teaching Chinese as a foreign language (TCFL) for further studies or potential career;
- enhance their communication skills in Putonghua.
- Lectures/seminars on Teaching Chinese to foreigners, and A contrastive study on Chinese and foreign culture etc.
- Observation of /participation in language classes for foreigners learning Chinese
- Cultural tours to investigate culture and language use in Beijing
- Sharing sessions with local mainland students
- Sharing sessions with international students who are learning Chinese in China.
Year 2 to Year 4 full-time undergraduate students with the major study in Linguistics and Language Applications/Linguistics & Language Technology
8 days, 22 May 2016 to 29 May 2016 (click here to obtain a Tentative itinerary and Task list)
HK$3,200 (including air ticket, accommodation, learning fee, and local tours)
Send the application form by e-mail to LT General Office at email@example.com
21 March 2016 (Monday)
Interview and selection:
23-24 March 2016 (Wednesday to Thursday)
Announcement of result:
30 March 2016